Sunday, November 25, 2018

Sunday Evening




There are two armchair/recliners in our camper. they are positioned on one of the 'slide-out' sections, facing the sofa and a window in the largest of  the three 'sliders.'
I have claimed one of the armchairs as my base of operations.  I have a folding wooden stand in front of the chair. It is barely big enough to hold my laptop and the wireless mouse I use.
From this 'station' I look through the window directly into the low branches of a tree still clinging to russet leaves. 
We keep small blankets and fleece throws over the sofa and chairs--in part for warmth, but mostly trying to save the upholstery from the ravages of cat claws.



I stopped for a few moments at our former farm to visit our friends [former renters] J and B.
They had been gifted with this giant planter of mums, 
This mixing of several colors is perhaps a trend--I've seen similar at the local produce market.



                                      

The night of the full moon was crisp and clear.
At daylight the moon was still visible beyond the misty hills.




Jim and Howard put up soffit and the metal trim that edges the roof.


We took time out for the Thanksgiving holiday.  DIL Dawn drove up from TN, her car loaded with the goodies she had been preparing. 
Our family meal was hosted by Matt and Gina.
It was one of the beautiful sunny days we have learned to cherish.
Friday reverted to damp and chilly gloom.
There was an errand at the lumber yard, so Dawn and I piled into the back seat of Howard's truck--with his dogs.
We made an excursion to the South Fork community so that Dawn could enjoy the whole foods store and the mercantile with its beguiling array of kitchen goods.

Home to rummage in the leftovers from the Thanksgiving feast.
Dawn and I made tea and to the delight of the cats, plumped ourselves in the armchairs.
Dawn spread her down coat over her lap where  Mima-cat immediately appropriated the fur-trimmed hood as a snug nest.

The fog was heavy and lingering this Sunday morning, but melted away by noon when Dawn needed to leave for home.
Jim and Howard trailed up the lane to lay out the front porch of the house.  I was requested to sweep up the sawdust and scraps of lumber which have been accumulating. 
This job took me more than 2 hours as I chose to use my regular household broom rather than the heavy industrial push broom that Jim favors. 

I'm still experiencing soreness in my ribs, so not inclined to tackle my cleaning job with reckless gusto. I lingered over sweeping the kitchen area--contemplating the future arrangement of cabinetry; in the bedrooms and living areas I considered how to make the best use of our furniture--I suspect some items in the storage trailer will not be needed.

As darkness fell, rain drummed on the roof of the camper--seemingly a brief and passing shower.  The men hope for weather tomorrow that will allow for pouring the cement floor of the porch. 

Interior work on the house is stalled waiting for the services of plumber and electrician.  Our favorite plumber [our SIL] is up to his neck with overtime at his place of work.
The electrician has made a tentative commitment to starting the job at the end of the week.  He divides his time between several locations.

Work on the house does progress, working around weather and the delays in waiting for sub-contractors.  The plumbing and electrical installations are the only tasks J and H won't undertake.
I continue to 'keep house' in our small space, going outside when weather allows, running errands, When not busy I settle in my chair to read, surrounded [very surrounded!] with the cats. 





1 comment:

  1. It is always good to read a post of yours. Your Thanksgiving sounds great, and your comfy recliner in front of the window sounds perfect.

    Have a great wee ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete