Wednesday, February 22, 2017

An Addendum


I worked on the 'February Gardening' post over the space of an hour or so--loading some photos and then coming back to create the text.
Along the way I decided my stitchery projects of the week didn't quite work with the gardening theme and so removed the photos.
Sometimes 'blogger' has a mind of its own and evidently the photos of the apron and pillowcases were visible for awhile.


A young woman from our church is to be married shortly and a bridal shower was arranged for her this past Sunday.
It was a lovely occasion, elegant and pretty enough to have graced Victoria Magazine. 
One of our church women has a talent for decoration and the creation of a perfect setting for any special event. 
The meal was delicious and made extra appealing with tables daintily set with lavender and white candles, flower arrangements and springtime accessories. 
A luncheon was presented prior to the fun of watching the bride unwrapping her gifts. 
I had inquired of the bride's mother for color preferences.
Her choice for kitchen accents is 'red'--thus the red and white apron.
I thought the heart applique was appropriate!
Turquoise and silver grey had been chosen for bedroom and bath.
I found the pretty batik fabrics at our local quilt shop.
I enjoy crafting items with a specific person in mind.





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful sewing! And I enjoyed your last pictures of your spring popping out! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the story behind these items. They are very nice and I know the bride & groom will enjoy them and appreciate them.

    You do lovely work ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are special and very sweet gifts! xx K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen; Thank you! I enjoy making gifts with a particular person in mind.

    ReplyDelete