Thursday, June 3, 2010

Progressive Bloom



I was outside this morning at 7 A.M. to wander around with my camera.
During the gardening season, wonderful changes can happen overnight.
I took photos just after 7, again about 9:30 and finally about 10:45 A.M.

The magnolia tree.  A waxy bloom on the shady side of the tree.


The same blossom at 9:30.

This blossom was so fragrant.  Not cloyingly sweet as I had expected, but with a clean lemony scent.

Insects had found the rapidly opening blossom.

Close-up at 10:45.

The slightest touch loosened the stamens.
{Think I have that correct.}

Yellow Simplicity rose in the morning shade of the maples.

Opening to morning sun.
I am really pleased with this rose!

A bloom that has widened its petals to the late morning sunlight.

Close-up. These are very delicately scented.
At about this time the UPS truck arrived with what had better be my last plant order for this season.
I got most of the new plants in the ground before a thunderstorm broke at suppertime.

5 comments:

  1. The roses are especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fascinating set of photos, you wouldn't think that so much could happen in such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the time lapse photos, what a great idea, I'm always amazed at how different my garden looks at different times of day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs of the subtle changes that happen when we are usually looking away. Nature never stands still!

    ReplyDelete